cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange slow since HF 7, 10, 13

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
Ever since I installed hotfixes 7, 10, and 13 on my media servers and reinstalled the agents on my servers all 4 of my exchange server backups have started taking a VERY long time.

Prior to the install my exchange backups took around 3 hours. Since the hotfix installation my exchange backups take round 9 hours to complete. I have not edited or changed the backup jobs in any way.

I have deleted items out of the Public folders and have reduced the size tremendously (about 50%), but the backups still take a VERY VERY long time. This is cutting into my backup window and my other backup jobs.

Has anyone else had this affect after updating the hotfixes? If so have you fixed the issue?

If not is there anyone that could help me resolve this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

David_Knight
Level 4
I have also have your above Symptoms. Our Mailbox store takes hours to complete for some strange reason. Our throuhput rate averages on occasions at 6MB per min. Occasionaly for some unknown reason the mailbox throuhput rate achieves 60 MB per minute. There is nothing obvious wrong. The only strange thing is all other backups from our exchange server are backed up speedily it just has problems with the mailboxes.

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
upon further investigation it appears that it is the Public Folders that is causing the issue.

Has anyone had problems with Public Folders taking an extremely long time to backup? If so what was done to correct the issue?

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
Currently my Public Folders are running at 2MB a minute.

So far it has taken me 1 hour and 10 minutes to backup 180MB.

This only started happening since the hotfixes.

Anyone have any suggestions?