cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude from backup by file extension, 9.1 Support Forum OTL

Not applicable
Hey Guys, I know you want us to upgrade and all, and it's in the budget for the upcoming fiscal year, but in the meantime we could sure use some 9.1 support. How 'bout fixing the Discussion Forum for 9.1. Would really appreciate it.

If that's not going to happen any time soon, then I'll bet you can answer my question here. I've got a 2003 Ent Svr as media server with Advanced Open File. AOF fails every time, none of the Veritas or MS solutions make a difference, so I've given up on that. But users' open Outlook files cause the backups to fail. Is there a way I can exclude all files with extension .pst from the backup? (Other than deselecting the files individually for all 900 users, of course.)

Yep, I know, I should post this in the 9.1 forum. Get that puppy up and running, and I will!!
1 REPLY 1

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Use Advanced File Selections in your recurring jobs to specify the *.pst files. Use the ** wildcard (\**\*.pst) in the AFS settings so it excludes all pst files wherever it finds them.

Just be sure to switch the AFS selection from Include (the default) to Exclude. :)

You can also the exclude list, downside is it will always exclude every pst file. Per job excludes would still allow you to add back in some specific pst files if you want to. IE: Add an Include statement for the CEO's pst file following the Exclude one for everyone else.

Hope that gives you a start.