cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excludes selection list only allows one entry

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
9.0.4367 Hotfix 13 (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/256916.htm) would fix this problem, however, I am running 9.1.4691 with SP2 and the hotfix will not let me install it.
I need to create multiple exclusions, how do I go about fixing this?

Thank you,
Peter
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

In 9.1 this issue is resolved . You can create multiple exclusions.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
And therein lies my problem.
I AM running 9.1 with the 277429 patch, and I cannot create multiple exclusion.

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
Does anyone have any idea what can be done?

I noticed the problem after I had applied SP2 and the 277429 patch recently.

Thanks,
Peter

shilpa_Pawar
Level 4
Hi,

- Repeat the process from step 4 in the below mentioned Document keep inserting all the extensions which you want to exclude while backing up.
This will exclude all the files listed in the Exclude Selection List.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264628.htm

-You can also try adding an "include" selection before "exclude" selection.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
That may help. I'll know tomorrow and will click helpful if it helps.

However, I still have the problem with creating exclusions on individual jobs.
I've messed around with it for quite a while and have just found that the problem is only on certain servers. What I have found is that if BE cannot "see" the server when GUI browsing for it, it won't let you add exclusions. Putting the server into "User Defined" allows me to see it and select files, but I cannot create more than one exclusion (it overwrites the previous), and even if I select only one exclusion, it doesn't save it.

Please help,
Thank you,
Peter

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
Re: -You can also try adding an "include" selection before "exclude" selection.

I tried this. I can add it as include but when I try to edit the selection and change it to exclude it wipes it out.

Peter_Boleski
Level 3
I finally fixed it!!

Ther servers that I was having trouble with are 2003 servers. The problem is under the WINS tab in the Network Properties. I had to change the NetBios setting from "Default" to "Enable".
Once this was done, BE was able to "see" the server and I was then able to add Exclusions.

Thank you to those who tried helping me with this problem. I appreciate your time.