cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra space in e-mail notification address throws off Outlook rules

CCS_Support
Level 3
Hello,

I have noticed a very odd problem on, so far, 2 of my clients' servers that are running Backup Exec 10d. Both servers run Windows 2003 SBS with Service Pack 1.

I have an e-mail address defined on my company's server called Reporting@callccs.com. Backup Exec on several of our clients' servers is configured to send job notifications and a copy of the job log to that address. On the 2 servers I have seen so far, the problem I have been experiencing is that a space is getting added to the front of the e-mail address, so instead of coming through as being addressed to "Reporting@callccs.com", it shows as
" Reporting@callccs.com" (note the space in between the opening quote and the "R").

I have an Outlook rule set up, server-side, which automatically moves any messages addressed to "Reporting@callccs.com" into a folder underneath my inbox. But, being a server-side rule, I have to pick the address from the address book, so it's looking for an exact match. Addresses that have the space in front don't match, so the messages are landing in my inbox instead of in the subfolder. As trivial as this may seem, it gets to be somewhat annoying.

Anyone else run into this, and/or know of a fix?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

CCS_Support
Level 3
Just a follow-up: Looks like this problem is not limited to 10d. Just after I posted that first message, I received a completion notice from another client's server, which is running 9.1.

CCS_Support
Level 3
One more update on this: It's happening on all of our servers that report back to us, regardless of the software version. We have servers running 9.1, 10.0, and 10d (10.1).

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Run the repair installation of Backup Exec.

Please refer the following technote:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

CCS_Support
Level 3
Ummmm.... are you saying I need to do a repair install on EVERY ONE of my clients' servers? As I mentioned, this happens on every single server we have out there that runs Backup Exec, not just one or two. It's literally dozens of servers.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Execute the above mentioned step as a test.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

CCS_Support
Level 3
Ok, I gave it a try.. didn't help, though.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please update us on the issue?

Thanks!