cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP transfer, more info from the BackupExec Remote Agent Utility and multi NIC support

Robert_Kuhn
Level 4
I wouldn't mind seeing the option for FTP transfers - I could use this transfer method for some of my WAN transfers rather than establishing a VPN.

It would be nice if the BackupExec Remote Agent Utility could perhaps provide more info other than telling us it it's idle or if a backup job is running.  In other words, it would be nice if it could report more data - similar to the Job Monitor in the Admin Console.

Lastly, I wouldn't mind being able to configure multiple NIC's.  Right now my BE Media Server has three NIC's but BE only supports one.  If I could configure each NIC to handle a set of servers, WAN or VLAN's that would be great.
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See the Admin Guide page 403

Changing the backup network for a job

When you set up a default network, Backup Exec uses it automatically for every backup and restore job. However, when you are setting up a new backup job, you can change the backup network for that job. When you change the backup network for a job, you also can set that backup network as the new default backup network for all future backup jobs.