cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to access ConfigurationV3-DB

MichaelY
Level 3

We have two Windows 2003 / Moss 2007 SharePoint servers. I'll call them SHAREPOINTDEV and SHAREPOINTPROD. Initially they were both web and SQL boxes. We had problems selecting the SharePoint data within BackupExec until we found that SPSWrapperV3.exe.config fix here: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300675.htm. After implementing that fix, all was well with the world... for a while.

Then the SharePoint guys said, "Hey wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to be SQL admins. We should move that data off to one of our big production SQL boxes." So, they moved the data from SHAREPOINTDEV off to a SQL 2005 box… lets call it SQLDEV… and then removed the SQL apps and services from the SHAREPOINTDEV server. Their SharePoint dev environment is working great. But my backup process is broken again.

When ever I select the SharePoint Farm within my Backup Exec 11d 7170 SP3 server, I get the Failed to access ConfigurationV3-DB / give me some credentials box. I know that the account I was using had Domain Administrator and Backup Operator credentials… both SHAREPOINTDEV and SQLDEV honor that full administrator access locally.

-I tried removing the SHAREPOINTDEV farm from my backup selection list and then creating a new backup job.

-I tried an uninstall/reinstall of the BackupExec Agent on SHAREPOINTDEV. Yes I rebooted after the initial uninstall before attempting a reinstall. And yes I verified that SPSWrapperV3.exe.config was in place after the reinstall.

-I saw http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288513.htm and checked to see if that REG item was in place. It had "sharepointdev\SharePoint_Config - (sharepointdev)" so I tried changing it to "sqldev\SharePoint_Config - (sharepointdev)". It fixed nothing. I booted sharepointdev yet again… still not fixed.

I'm at a loss on what to try next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichaelY
Level 3

I guess you can ingore this request. 

I got what looks to be a good backup of this server going on right now using our test BackupExec 12.5 server.  If we can follow up with a successful restore test, then we'll just move our Upgrade of BackupExec Project up to top priority.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichaelY
Level 3

I guess you can ingore this request. 

I got what looks to be a good backup of this server going on right now using our test BackupExec 12.5 server.  If we can follow up with a successful restore test, then we'll just move our Upgrade of BackupExec Project up to top priority.

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi, how did you finally solve the problem of failed to backup MOSS 2007 on WIndows Server 2008 using BE 12.5 ?