cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution for MSOSS / WSS with Backup Exec 12. Cannot browse sharepoint farm with access denied

Gai
Level 2
Hi Everyone,
       OK now i have a resolution for everone that can't brower to sharepoint server farm already.
1. You must install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1  (without SP1 it will require one hotfix from microsoft 936707)
2. On All SharePoint Server that have backup exec agent you have to go to backup exec folder
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS
    then create new text file call SPSWrapperV3.exe.config
    inside the file type in this
<configuration>
<runtime>
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
</runtime>
</configuration>

Then start backup exec to browse again. It's working for me now..

Message Edited by Gai on 03-13-2008 08:37 PM
9 REPLIES 9

shawnpoint
Level 3
In my case, I already have .NET 2.0 SP1 installed on all servers and it's still giving me the same issue.  Maybe I need to edit that Symantec Config file. Thanks.

Hello Symantec?

shawnpoint
Level 3
Big THANKS to GAI for posting.

After creating the config wrapper on each server with the B.E. Windows Agent, it actually worked in my environment. Horray...

Two questions, thought.

1) What does the config mod means? is it good? Can it cause other problems?

2) Why haven't Symantec engineer able to solve this and wait on non-Symantec users to do their own tech support?

Humm...

Jonathan_S_
Level 2
I have been looking for a resolution for this "Access Denied" error for a VERY long time.   This fix WORKS!!

I am using SharePoint 2007 (app and db on a single server) with a Backup Exec 12 remote agent.

Thank you, thsnk you, thank you!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Jonathan S. on 04-22-2008 04:17 PM

Kelly_Harper
Level 4
I can't thank you enough GAI!!!  I have been fighting this issue for months and this resolved it immediately.  Where is the Symantec KB article on this...how did you figure this out? :)

Daryll
Level 3
Thank you for taking the time to post this fix. Seems to have worked for me too on BE 11d.

I'm interested to know how you discovered this?

EmpowerYou
Level 2

I believe this is the link you are looking for:  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300675.htm

It worked for our site also.

Venture_Communi
Level 3
Will this fix work if the sharepoint server is a 2008 box?  I have been working for several months with tier 2 support and have gotten nowhere on this issue.  I found this posting but wanted to know if anyone has tried the fix on a 2008 sharepoint farm?

EmpowerYou
Level 2

I'm running SharePoint Server 2k7 on WinServ 2k3 R2 STD SP2 OS.  We haven't moved to 2008 yet but if i could put my 2 cents worth on this product here it is:  I've had a case open with Symantec going on 6 months now and we've finally hit the end of the road.  After countless hours of configuration and setup we seemed to have everything running properly however on the test backup run, i recieved the error described in tech note: support.veritas.com/docs/304530.  It's currently being analyzed and reviewed by their senior level dev team with no resolution in site.  So here i sit months later waiting for an email from Dev saying they have a fix.  Spent $1000.00 bucks on a sweet solution however i can't even use it.  Not sure if you'll run into the same issue but after many many trials, bug fixes, config changes etc.. i thought we had finally figured it out and still i sit with no answers to yet 'one more issue' that is unresolved at this time.

The senior support team at symantec was fantastic, however they claim the issue is caused because our SharePoint server is running on the "Microsoft claimed unsupported" VMware ESX 3.5 OS.  Good luck though, be sure to post if you find it works on 2008 for the rest who god hope you all have more success than I thus far.

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi All,

Yes, me too guys, I've followed the http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/300675.htm to create a wrapper config file but still, it doesn't work ?!?!?!

any idea of how to fix this issue please ?