cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect pop up

Pito
Level 3
When a laptop is connected here in our offices. DLO works perfect. But when at home, when I boot up I get the Desktop agent pop up telling me it failed to connect. And wants me to sign in with user name,domain, and password.

Now it telling me it failed to connect, I understand. But I have set up, so that when not connected to our servers, to back up locally on the laptop. Why do I get this sign in pop up and how do I get rid of it?

Message Edited by Pito on 11-27-2007 08:43 AM
6 REPLIES 6

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
This was resolved with HF10 for Revision 7170.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/289297

After you install the update you will need to redeploy the agent to your workstations

Pito
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. I tried the hot fix but still have the same issue.

Here is the scenario I have seened. This is 11d - 7170 by the way.
When a laptop is not on the network, it funtions normaly when it is then wired to our network. No pop up.
If you VPN in to our network wirelessly, thats when you get the pop up. If you turn off the agent, then turn it back on, it connects automaticly. I get no pop up..It connects fine.

The problem is is with the only when VPN is used. But I do not see this issue with users using 10d.

Any ideas?

Pito
Level 3
No one else is having this issue? No one get the sign in pop up?

Selma_Gjeset
Level 4
I have a similar problem. I did a test install prior to BEsp2. I managed to get it up and running with both local backups and remote backups.
Then came summer hollidays and put the whole issue on hold for a while and we had to aquire more disk space...
So - in the late autuum I returned to the issue. (After we did the first test we have applied BEsp2 and hotfixes no 27, 29 and 30).

Install of the agent went well. The agent installs and connects fine while the (XP pro) client is connected to the domain through a vpn (sonicwall) connection. The file syncs seems ok.
But - the DLO client won't start in offline mode. When it starts as a service it fails silently. When started manually I don't get the sign in-popup, but the "Not connected to media server" as described in hotfix 10. But in my case the DLO client syncs without a flaw if I start it after enabling the vpn connection. But I also wanted the local copies... And I can't apply hotfix 10 on sp2...

It seems to me like this problem

Message Edited by Selma Gjeset on 12-04-2007 03:35 AM

Pito
Level 3
The agents installed in laptops will run in offline mode. Then when plugged in to our network, it goes online and all is well. This VPN issue is killing me. I would really like to get this resolved. Its about the only thing stopping us from deploying.

Pito
Level 3
 I figured out my problem............

This is the first time I have used this program, so I can expect to overlook things. This is what I figured out.
I went to the profile I created called "Laptops". Went to properties>User Settings tab. The very last option on that list, which you have to scroll down to see, says "Save encrypted passwords used by DLO". I put a check on that option and bingo!!!! Problem solved!

The next time I booted the laptop and used VPN to log in, the pop up came up again, but this time I have an option to save my password (which I did not have before). Mulitiple reboots after that, I had no problems. Connected right away!

Glad that is solved!    Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Pito on 12-17-2007 01:11 PM