cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d with CPS - RA problems with System Snapshot & System Volume Information

Arkady_Renko
Level 2
Gday All

I've had a bit of a look through the forums but i've not seen a working solution to my problem.  I've recently installed CPS to a NAS with the aim of having all of my servers continously protected, then backing off to tape on a regular (daily/weekly) basis.

I've found that pushing the Remote Agents out to each server has not presented any problems. However when I attempt to include either  System Snapshot and/or System Volume Information onto the backup job in CPS some of my servers (not all mind you), I get the ever so helpful "The pair on source computer 'xxx', destination computer 'yyy' for job 'zzz' canceled due to an error.: Another program requires the computer 'yyy' to be restarted in order to complete the installation of new software, updates, services packs or a previous System State Restore.  You must restart the computer before you can back up or restore the System State.  If I take System Snapshot/System Volume Information out of the backup job - I have no problems backing up the files themselves - however of course I need to make sure i'm backing up system state information.

Has anyone else found a working solution to this?  The servers in question here operate a multitude of roles - however each one that has a problem with backing up system state info seems to be a terminal server (2 citrix, 1 standard TS) - and that seems to be the only common link that I can see.

I have another problem with the remote agent on a DC, however I"ll post that as a separate question.
1 REPLY 1

Arkady_Renko
Level 2
I ought to clarify that I have restarted the servers in question, in addition to restarting the appropriate services on the destination machine, plus restarted the CPS server (just in case). 

(Just to ward off the "have you tried switching it off and on again" responses)