cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure connecting to agent.

Erik_Spigle
Level 3
We recently upgraded from Backup Exec for Windows Server 10.0 to 10.1. Overall, it seems to be working fine--except one computer. This is a computer that sits out on our DMZ. We have a one-way trust where our DMZ trusts our inside LAN. In the past (ie: version 10.0) the agent worked fine on the computer we backup in our DMZ. The agent was installed fine (using credentials from the DMZ domain) and connection to the selections from this computer on the DMZ worked fine as well (again, credentials from the DMZ).

With 10.1, we can also install the agent just fine and select the things we want to backup with the same credentials. Everything looks fine until we do an actual backup run or test run. Here is the error we get:

============
Device : \\SERVER01, \\SERVER01\C$
Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
============

I have re-installed the Remote Agent many times (it always shows a successful install). I have also verified it is running each time. I have tried changing the service account that it runs as (by default Local Service). No matter what I do--nothing works. The error seems to indicate that the Backup Exec server cannot connect to the agent--which is installed fine and running. Are there some possible new firewall ports we need to open that weren't needed in 10.0? What other things should I look into to make this work? I'd rather not revert back to 10.0 if I can manage it, but if this isn't going to work--I might need to do just that as this all worked just fine in 10.0. The only changes we made since this last work was to upgrade to 10.1

Thanks for any suggestions or help.
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Erik,
Following Articles will help you:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/240971

http://support.veritas.com/docs/194182

Let us know if you need any further help.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Erik_Spigle
Level 3
Our test run worked using an IP instead of a hostname. We will find out tomorrow (or maybe later today with some test) if it really works. Thank you.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Erik,

Please keep us updated if the issue has resolved or not.

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.