cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application beremote.exe, faulting module bedssql2.dll 0x0002e9a9

Bill_Mavrovou1
Level 2
Partner
Any help with this will be really appreciated.

On every second day, this seems strange in itself, but when the backup starts running, we get this application error:

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 10.1.5629.34, faulting module bedssql2.dll, version 10.1.5629.37, fault address 0x0002e9a9.

Has anyone encountered these errors?

I'm running BE 10d SP2 with all hotfixes (43, 45, 46) installed.

I dont know why this has started recently, over the last couple of weeks. This server was backup up fine for over a month, but now is having the above problem every 2 days.
4 REPLIES 4

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

What data are you backing up?

Is AOFO being used?

Are you backing up on tape or on b2d?

Is it a local backup or remote?

Thanks.

Bill_Mavrovou1
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

I'm backing up all of C:, D:, Exchange, and all MSDE. Yes, AOFO is being used.

Backing up to tape.

This backup job is all local, nothing remote.

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

AOFO with databases like exchange, SQL, Oracle is not recommended. Please backup these databases with their own agents like Exchange Agent, Oracle Agent, SQL Agent.

Refer to the following document.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

Thanks.

Monty_Wilson
Not applicable
I am having a similar problem with beremote under 10d (10.1 Rev. 5629 as shown in the About box of the Symantec Backup Exec job monitor screen). We have two servers, both running Windows Server 2003. They are called the backup server and the Exchange server.

The backup server is the Backup Exec host computer with tape drive. And the Exchange server is the one with the Exchange mailboxes but no tape drive.

Each night, two jobs run that involve the beremote component on the Exchange server. One is called Full backup and the other is called Exchange to disk. Both of these jobs have AOFO turned off. And beremote.exe crashes on one of these jobs about 3 times a week, after processing about 13000 emails. Since the beremote service has been told to restart after a crash, it is possible to have a successful Full backup immediately after a failed Exchange to disk backup; in fact, it is rare that beremote crashes on both jobs in the same night.

I notice that in version 11, this is a known and fixed problem. See:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/285684.htm
But I don't know if it's been fixed in a 10d-compatible beremote.

Because of the redundant backups, we still feel pretty well protected. But we would much prefer a beremote module that doesn't have the crash behavior.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks,
.........Monty Wilson, Brance-Krachy Co.
www.brancekrachy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=61