Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features no longer supported by Backup Exec 2014

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I checked the backup Exec 2014 software compatibility list where it shows that Exchange backup Exec 2010 SP1 is no longer supported by BE 2014.You can check the software compatibility list at this link: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/xCL/TECH217478/be_2014_scl.pdf

However, Symantec has also published a readme which states that Exchange 2010 x64bits is supported by BE2014 despite the version of the SP. You can check the readme document on this link: http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/DOCUMENTATION/7000/DOC7420/en_...

In addition, when checking both the software compatibility list and the readme document, it is not clear if sharepoint application 2007 is supported by backup Exec 2014 or not.

So I need to know which document should be my reference? Is exchange 2010 SP1 supported by BE2014? Is sharepoint 2007 supported by BE2014?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well the readme (2nd document) states that "Exchange Server 2010 SP1" is not supported and the SCL (1st document) states that only 2010 SP2 and SP3 (both on 64 bit) are supported so they both state the same thing - SP1 is not supported.

What is the problem with upgrading your SP of Exchange to the latest version especially as I suspect there are security vulnerabuility patches that you are missing without it?

With regards the Sharepoint versions there seem to be different names and you would probably need to understand what these mean from a Microsoft Point of view.

One thing to bear in mind

The SCL is a dynamic document that may get corrected (or new things added if we increase support for something in an SP). The readme is an initial release document that may not get edited for revisions. As such most of the time use the SCL to confirm support as it will be more up to date/accurate

Ben_Sim1
Level 2

Hi,

Just to confirm, is Window Server 2003 Standard Edition SP 2 compatible with BE 2014? I have some servers still running on that platform.

Regards,

Ben