cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0000383 - Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows.

storm_beasley
Level 2

I am trying to back up folders from my NAS. I am using credentials that have all the access needed (domain admin, local admin, log on as batch job, etc.). I test the credentials and it is successful on the NAS but unsuccessful on each folder (it cannot "log on" to a folder). I did a test backup and it failed. It is giving me the error in the subject and i cannot seem to find a work around.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does that account has complete permissions on the NAS box? Can you access those folders as a Windows Share using that account and make changes.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  what version of Backup Exec are you using?  Can you physically access these folders?

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Please follow this article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74365

Thanks

storm_beasley
Level 2

Jaydeep S - The account does have complete permissions to the NAS and the SAN. I can also access the files/folders and read/write/edit etc..

Imosla - Backup Exec 2012, version 14.0 Rev. 1798. I can physically access the folders on the backup server with the same log on credentials.

I did get a recommendation with a friend who has ran into a similiar issue with Backup Exec 2010 in the past. He recommended to bounce the server or restart the symantec services. Could that be a possible fix?

storm_beasley
Level 2

Rahul Kumar1 - Ive followed all those steps and still have no success.

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Can you try another account?

Thanks

storm_beasley
Level 2

I tried using my own credentials yesterday evening and had no luck.