cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified Disaster Recovery cannot be switched on

Marco199
Level 4

When I configure a new backup of a Hyper-V host with a few VMs, right-click the SDR button and select "Select all necessary components for Disaster Recovery", pretty much everything gets selected BUT the SDR option remains switched off (no green light).

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marco199
Level 4

It turns out that BE 2012 does not support Server 2012 SDR... they will address this in 2012 R2.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Marco,

Could you please post a screenshot of the selection list?

Also instead of right clicking the SDR button just select the complete HyperV host server and see if that makes the difference.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

In order to keep Simplified Disaster Recovery ON, Backup Exec needs critical system components to be include (mostly they are C: and System State)

do you have C and System State selected on your media server backup job? Following are considered critical for SDR

• System volume (including EFI and utility partitions)
  • Boot volume (executing operating system)
  • Services application volumes (boot, system, and automatic startup)
  • System State devices and volumes (including Active Directory, System Files, etc.)

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Try unchecking and rechecking the server and report whether or not the SDR light comes on

Marco199
Level 4

Already tried that along with just about everything else you can think of...

Marco199
Level 4

Here is a screen shot; as you can see, absolutely everything is selected:

Capture.gif

Sush---
Level 6

Check in the selection details (text view) if there is anything that is showing as Exclude....

Thanks,

-Sush...

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

can you provide me with two additional screen shots... first.. Right click on Simplified disaster recover and please screen shot the box that pops up... if your not able to do so please detail for me which option is in bold black lettering and which option is greyed out... also could you provide a screen shot of the selection details tab

lmosla
Level 6

Hello Marco199,

Do you have all the live updates installed? .  Try closing and reopening the saved job.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please verify that "Disable disaster recovery from backups created by this job" is In bold black lettering and not greyed out... "Select all neccessary compnents for disaster recovery" should be Greyed out

Marco199
Level 4

Thanks for your comments everyone. I have attached screenshots as requested.

SDR 1.JPG

SDR 2.JPG

I have also successfully run LiveUpdate and it says that all updates are already installed.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Were you able to get a screen shot of the selection details tab ? As mentioned by Sush above i would like to verify that there no exclusions set

Marco199
Level 4

Yes, it's the second image under in my previous message... it's only one line (above it is the server name).

Marco199
Level 4

I have just discovered that SDR works fine for the BE media server itself i.e. if I create a backup job for the media server and it's virtual machines (it's also running Hyper-V) it's lit up green.
All other Hyper-V host servers and the Hyper-V guests have the BE agent installed.

Marco199
Level 4

It turns out that BE 2012 does not support Server 2012 SDR... they will address this in 2012 R2.