cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource and also error V-79-57344-33932

gmass
Level 2
Getting error :Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.

it seems to happen in alphabetical order.  on remote server (using remote agent) it goes thru user shares till it gets to users who names start with H thru users whose names start with K, then it starts working again.  at least thats what id did last night.

the night before it started with remote folders that started with G, and went thru the Js!
so it is not consistent, it seems to stop and start at different points each time.

for an individual folder this is the error:

Network control connection is established between 192.168.30.1:3246 <--> 192.168.30.2:10000
Network data connection is established between    192.168.30.1:3976 <--> 192.168.30.2:4181
Unable to attach to \\myserver.mydomain.com\kobeb.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and ...

after the these 20 or so folders the backup starts working again.

I go to resource credentials for the job and test the credentials and they all pass, for every single folder!

I go to selection list and these remote selections are all in the same format:
\\servername\domain.com\username\*.*/subdir

what else do I need to look at? the credentials work fine, and the folders are actually there, and I checked event viewer and there were no errors during the time of the backup.

Message Edited by gmass on 07-12-200705:50 AM

3 REPLIES 3

Patty
Level 3
Are you using the AOFO agent?

Can you go to start run and type in the UNC path?

Also, you shouldn't back up the shares, you should backup the data from the drive itself. 

gmass
Level 2
we do not have the AOFO agent.

I ran the backup again this morning, it was succesful!

it skipped one file, but it ran fine.

so why not last night, or the night before.

there are no errors in the event log for that remote server, so I am at a loss here.

Patty
Level 3
Take a look to see what is happening on the server at night.
Are you running AV scans?  Any other application maint? 

I would say with what you are seeing there has to be something that is interfering with the backups.