cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0008492 - Database Query Failure.

Marko_Andreis
Level 3
Hello,
I am experiencing a problem with backuping MSSQL databases. The databases are situated on the SQL server on which the remote agent is running. The problem started after upgrading server from Win2000 to Win2003. After the upgrade I have re-installed the remote agent.

I hoped that the problem will be gone after I upgrade my media server, but it remained the same.

I ran MDAC check and both, media server and remote server are running the same version (2.8 SP2). I tried everything suggested in the technote 273360, but nothing helped.I am backing up 4 servers (backup media server, domino server, SQL server, and the file server) and all backups run nice except the SQL databases. Even the MSDE instance on the backup media server is backed up with no problem.

Here is what I keep getting in job logs:

Job completion status:

Job ended: 12. o�ujak 2007 at 15:33:05
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008492 - Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33938

Errors:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- PHHRZA-S3100AOFO: Initialization failure on: "PHHRZA-S3100". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008492): Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Backup- PHHRZA-S3100 V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database cupdate.
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database ctemp_NAR_HR.
V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database ctemp_NAO_HR.

Exceptions:

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- PHHRZA-S3100 The item PHHRZA-S3100\cupdate in use - skipped.
The item PHHRZA-S3100\ctemp_NAR_HR in use - skipped.
The item PHHRZA-S3100\ctemp_NAO_HR in use - skipped.

Any clues?

Kind regards
Marko
2 REPLIES 2

espeetee
Level 2
This is a horrible issue that has multitudinous, unresolved posts.  I am experiencing this on an NT4 box after upgrading the remote agent.  At least the SQL backup worked under the old agent.  I know Symantec don't support agents on NT4 now but it does not make the issue any less perplexing and annoying.  Good luck; i'm going to flatten the box as soon as I can and migrate the db's to a 2K3 ESX VM.  Until then I'll live with "Job Failed" and do my backups via SQL with BE backing up the resultant flat files.  Boo, Hiss, Symantec! (Although I'll still use your products... LiveState Rocks!)

SamH_33
Not applicable
In our case this error occured because the path to the data and log files on the SQL database contained \\ in the path i.e.

D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\\filename.mdf
D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\\logfilename.ldf     

Detaching the Database and re-attaching with the path corrected resolved