cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.

Michele_2
Level 4

Hi,

I have been getting the above error trying to back up to a remote b2d folder from two jobs. If I rerun the jobs they run fine and other jobs running at the same time run successfull to the same b2d device.

I get the following in the Windows Event log for both -

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
 Drive: Write() WriteFile failed 0/32 @78894183 (\\SERVER\backupexec\DD-Notes Servers Incr\B2D006515.bkf).  Error=64

Here is the situation -

BE 11d

Device file is a remote share on a Datadomain deduplication appliance (looks like a cifs share to BE)

I run several tb's to this device per week with no other problems

This has happened more than once, but not every time. 

I am running two jobs, one about 400gb and the other 2.8tb. They do not begin at the same time but are running together. Each job runs several hours then both fail with the above error at the same time. They are writing to the same remote server but to different device files/folders. Another job running at the same time (much smaller) finishes fine. I restart the jobs and they run successfully. 2.8tb takes about 22 hours.

All the references to this error are vague about solution...update drivers, use system login, restripe raid on remote disk...none apply to my situation.

I am using a "Maximum size for backup-to-disk" of 100gb in each job, and have "Auto detect settings" unchecked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michele

1 REPLY 1

Dan_Wakeman
Level 4

I finally fixed the same error as follows: 

1. Disable the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click on it)
  2. Delete the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click again, need to disable first)  This must be done in Backup Exec!  Doing the same in Windows Device Manager and rebooting did not fix the problem. 
  3. Stop all the Backup Exec services (I did with services manager & confirmed in Windows Services)
  4. Start all the Backup Exec services
  5. The tape drive should be re-detected. 
  6. Test

Dan