cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error 0xe00084f8: network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost

ale_anto
Level 3
Hi

I have a Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2003 EE R2 SP2. Backups take files from differents server (also server 2003 EE R2).
I have 2 backups (one on network folder and one on tape).

Backups are ok but about every 3 or 4 days (but without regularity) I get a backup failure on tape with the error message:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34040
I don't understand why backup fails only sometime and from different target.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any maintenance tasks running on the days that the backup fails? What exactly are you backing up? Is it a local server or a remote server?

Have you checked to make sure that the RAWS agent is started up on the server in question when the backup fails, and that it's publishing correctly to the media server?

Is your media server fully patched and have these patches been push-installed to the remote servers?

Thanks!

ale_anto
Level 3
 Any maintenance tasks running on the days that the backup fails? 

No, only backup

What exactly are you backing up? Is it a local server or a remote server? 

local and 3 remote server

Have you checked to make sure that the RAWS agent is started up on the server in question when the backup fails

Service is running. I saw the event viewer but i don't find anything about backup agent. But i tried to launch a test backup and agent turn on/off correctly.

and that it's publishing correctly to the media server?

I don't understand to what you refer.

Is your media server fully patched and have these patches been push-installed to the remote servers?

Yes but i checked now for others updates and i found this:

Problem

Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers revision 2213 Hotfix 315539 32-bit (x86) download.

Solution

This hotfix contains a recommended fix for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers Shadow Copy Component.

Is it a known problem...? I try to install...

Another question: remote agents need to reinstall or server push automatic installation to others servers? If yes how?

Thanks

PS: now i check also links of newsolutionBE

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

Yes whenver you install any update on Meida server you can install updates on remote client using push install or local install so that remote agent version is on same level so no need to uninstall in that case either do push install directly or even local install

Thanks

ale_anto
Level 3

After update of all components (server and agents) issue go back saturday. Then the problem isn't the updates.

Now i check all solutions in 2 links of newsolutionBE...

ale_anto
Level 3

Hi,

issue back again!

I checked for all solutions you sent to me.

Problem is this

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH165590

but not for C:/, is for another directory (\server07\D:). Now i try to free more space and defrag volume but i don't believe this is the solution.

Any other suggestion?