cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000fe29

Xaneth
Level 2
Number 1, the sign up to get into this forum is REDICULOUS.  I shouldn't have to provide geo-coded address information, as I prefer to keep my details ANONYMOUS.  Secondly, Symantec needs to get their KB up to date.  I'll post the problem I have and reply to it with the fix I had.  I do this, because when I'm looking for a solution on a forum, and I type my search in, I don't even look at threads that have only one post in them.  Just another unanswered question in my book.  I searched for Final error: 0xe000fe29 on this forum and found a BUNCH of unanswered questions, but I did finally find my solution.  My issue:

We are receiving Final error: 0xe000fe29 after resetting the BE service account password.  Initially, I went through and manually set the new password on each service through Windows services rather than through BE for Windows Servers.  After looking at article:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277422.htm

I reset the service account using BE for Windows Servers and restarted all services.  I verified that the local system account was responsible for the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service on both the BE server and on the remote servers.  Nothing else has changed, just a password, and nothing I seem to do according to your KB articles is getting us running.
1 REPLY 1

Xaneth
Level 2
Now maybe I'm missing something here, but I never found the KB article that references the COMPLETE FIX.  In addition to the above KB article, make sure to:

Resolved issue by changing passwords under Network... Logon accounts...  This is not documented anywhere I searched.  May want to add it to existing documentation.  Changing the service account's password within the BE services is not enough alone.