cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting

Paul_Read
Level 3
Hi All, this is probably something simple, but im unable to format a tape using BE10? The option is greyed out? The media erases fine and labels fine, catalogs etc. Any ideas?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You don't actually need to format the tape - an erase, either long or quick, is sufficient enough to erase the media, making it ready for use the next time.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
can you let us know the status of your Querry. Was your Question answerd to your satisfaction?
Can we close the post?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Sander_van_Gogh
Not applicable
I'm having the sane problem.
Why is there a format option if you can't use it?
How can i format my tape's?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The option is there because some Tape devices/formats DO permit full formatting of a tape

If your device does not, all that you can do is either a long or short erase. (or just toss the tape >) )

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The action of erasing a tape will give you the same results as formatting the tape. Whether it works or not will depend on whether you device supports it. WHich you can verify with the tape manufacturer.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.