cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Backup job hung

Thomas_Ng
Level 3
Running Backup EXEC 11.0 rev. 6253 on a Windows 2003 R2 server.  I have a full D2D backup job backing up 6 remote servers.  The backup job will finish backing up the last server on the selection list and will become hung right after. It isn't able to start the verification process. 
 I have tried:
1) changing the selection order
2) applied all hotfixes

There are no alerts or errors message in event viewer.  Even more frustrating is that the only way to cancel the job is to reboot the server. 

From reading some of the posts in the forum, someone suggested to reboot the remote servers.  Is it necessary to reboot the server after a remote agent install?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Are you backing up a Lotus Domino server with the Lotus Domino agent?  What is the last thing/server that gets backed up before the job hangs?

Thomas_Ng
Level 3
Not backing Lotus Domino.  Just backing up data folders from Windows 2003 servers.  Will have the problem with any of the servers on the selection list when they are the last server to be backed up.  Thanks.   

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
Was this working fine at one time?  When did this issue start occurring?  Are you spanning multiple tapes on the backup job?  Is this a standalone tape device or a robotic library?

Thomas_Ng
Level 3
It worked just once and every since the job has been hanging.  I have since deleted and created new full backup jobs but am still having the same issue.  I'm backing up to disk and there is no tape devices attached.    This started about 2 weeks ago and no changes were made to the backup EXEC server. 

On a side note, I have another job backing up 3 virtual servers in a cluster with no problem. 

SteveVRTS
Level 6
Employee
What all does this job backup?  Does it backup, maybe, Exchange or SQL using the agents?

Thomas_Ng
Level 3
This job only back up folders/files using the remote agent.  There are no Exchange or SQL servers on this job.