Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full System Recovery Stuck at Queued ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE

elaguni
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Any help from our experienced members here will be very much appreciated.

Setup: Fresh install of BE 2015 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Clients have the same OS.

Issue: Full System Recovery sometimes gets stuck at Active: Queued. It's an intermittent issue, and can happen even when no other job is running.

Some observation:

• Whenever we get this issue, we see an error in the Application Log (eventvwr) that says:

Error = ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE

Drive = "NetAppDedupeStorage:5"

• We can still ping the MININT-CLIENT but there's no data passing through anymore. No progress at all.

Workaround: Cancel the Recovery job > Restart BE services on the BE Server > Restart the recovery process - then it will run.

Please help. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I know you cannot do a SDR recovery directly from a dedup folder.

Running a SDR recovery from a dedup folder through the media server might be o.k., but the risk is that if the media server is loaded and the rehydration is slow, you might have a problem that the rehydration process cannot keep up with the recovery proceess.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are you using SDR to do the recovery? What is being recovered when you hit the error? Are you recovering from a dedup folder? If so, have you tried duplicating the backup set to a normal disk before recovering?

elaguni
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, we're using SDR for the full system recovery.

As soon as the recovery process gets a Job Name on the Recovery This Computer Wizard (SDR) we get the error in the event log, and notice that the recovery job on the BE console stuck at Queued.

Yes, we are using dedupe to back up to disk - which doesn't cause any problem with recovery 70% of the time. I haven't tried duplicating the images to a normal disk - I don't see any reason to do that now since recovery from dedupe storage often works, I'm not sure when the issue will happen (I can keep doing several recovery to hit the issue again), and the BE Server doesn't have normal disk storage to hold the images.

Any other option / suggestion?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I know you cannot do a SDR recovery directly from a dedup folder.

Running a SDR recovery from a dedup folder through the media server might be o.k., but the risk is that if the media server is loaded and the rehydration is slow, you might have a problem that the rehydration process cannot keep up with the recovery proceess.