cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup to Disk: Status Code 160: Authentication failed.....

wellssh
Level 4

....but when I mount the targeted DR path manually via Windows Explorer it works fine.  I've ensured that the credentials entered in the Disaster Recovery tab of the Catalog Backup policy are correct.

It also seems that only the Parent Job of the policy displays this error/status.  The subsequent child jobs appear fine and error free.

I am seeing that SLP Duplication jobs from a previous Catalog Backup job are still queued with the message "Limit as been reached for the logical resource LCM_xxxxxx_xxxxx_stu02".

Thanks,

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wellssh
Level 4

...is no Domain associated with this configuration we have to use ip addresses.

It appears that using ip-address\username     password seems to be working as this is now functioning as expected.  Perhaps the changes I made previously took a while to take hold.

Thanks for all  the input and ideas!

Sven

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Are you using a mapped drive or a UNC path?

Best to use UNC as the specified user may not have the drive mapped

log in as the account you have specified, unc to the path and ensure that you can write (create a file) on the target path

wellssh
Level 4

.....the format I'm using in the Disaster Recovery tab is:

\\ip-address\directory\subdirectory

I've also tried setting the Login option to both:

username    password                and

\\server-ip-address\username     password

Both work when mapping the UNC path manually via Windows Explorer's Run \\ip-address\directory\subdirectory option as the username/passwod designated in the Disaster Recovery tab. 

I was also able to copy/paste a simple text file to the designated location.

It seems the Activity Monitor shows successful progress for the child jobs (Backup and Duplication), however the Parent job is what comes back with Status Code 160.

Regards,

Sven

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The following should work fine:

Path:
\\ip-address\directory\subdirectory

Logon:
domain\user-name

Password:

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

You error is probably telling you that all the available drives for this STU are in use, probably you need to kill some jobs or raise the STU Concurrent drives.

"Limit as been reached for the logical resource LCM_xxxxxx_xxxxx_stu02"

wellssh
Level 4

...correct, so it has to be something else.

wellssh
Level 4

.....and this is Backup-to-disk so there really aren't any drives.  However, I've increased the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" for the storage units, but I'm inclined to think that may not be the problem either.

I should note that this issue occurs for our Catalog Backup process, which we have configured to Backup to a local DataDomain device, and Duplicate to an offsite DataDomain device.

Thanks,

Sven

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you tried 'domain\username'   'password'  instead of  ' \\server-ip-address\username     password '?

wellssh
Level 4

...is no Domain associated with this configuration we have to use ip addresses.

It appears that using ip-address\username     password seems to be working as this is now functioning as expected.  Perhaps the changes I made previously took a while to take hold.

Thanks for all  the input and ideas!

Sven