cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full restore of SQL server failing - 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a res

Jon_White
Level 4
I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server running SQL 2000 Ent that had its array configuration mistakenly removed. I am having to restore the server (same hardware as before) from a full backup and 1 differential backup.

I have attempted Document 236286 (DR of a remote Windows 2000 computer). In addition to that article, I am attempting article 262171 at the same time (Restore SQL 2000 databases using a database backup in BE 9.x).

I have tried to do the restore by selecting the full media set and differential set as the article outlines. That failed.
I then tried the full restore with the differential restore separately. Same exact result. Here's the error I am getting:

Job ended: Friday, June 30, 2006 at 11:01:03 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932
The V-79 link corresponds to an Exchange issue. Does not apply here.

I got a number of 'in-use file' 'was restored'.

The Application Log only has

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "CLT-EXABYTE1") (Job: "Temp - Restore 00383") Temp - Restore 00383 -- The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

How do I restore the Windows 2000 server?

Do I need to reapply any service packs even though the backup was done with the server having SP3 on Win2k and SP3a on SQL2000.

Is SQL a separate restoration process?
If it is a separate process, how do I restore SQL?

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please see the technote to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/257114

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.