cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get rid of pesky notifications of "issues" if Remote Agent is not installed

Jason_Hebron
Not applicable
In Backup Exec 11d we are backing up a share on a filer. We are unable to install an agent on that device and NMDP is not an option. The backup of the shares content works ok, the issue is we get a notification that "The media servers was unable to connect to the remote agent" and the job is labelled as completed with exceptions.
Is there a way of suppressing this notification - as far as we are concerned the backup is successful and not really interested in the completed with exceptions message as we will keep on having to report why the backup has exceptions
2 REPLIES 2

Sandy_Sandifer
Level 6
Jason,

We have not included this type of functionality in the product yet: to suppress the message when the admin wants to...this would be a good scenario for that ability.

As you mentioned, the NDMP agent is out there, but that requires a device on that filer to backup to, so I don't know if that would fit your environment. This would create successful backups.

At this point, I would recommend requesting an enhancement for this ability to suppress the message at http://enhancement.veritas.com. While this has been discussed, the more feedback we get for this, the more weight it carries.

Thanks.

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Jason,

Unfortunately I have seen this regularly requested since version 9.0.