cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an issue with Backup Exec migration.

aciavolino
Level 3

I have just re-loaded my 2012 server, and re-loaded Backup Exec 15 -F5 and I followed the steps on Veritas to do a manual migration using the following steps.
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100001807?profileURL=https%3A%2F%2Fvam-profile.veritas...

I get the following error when I try to open backup exec settings:

An error with the Backup Exec administration console has occurred. The administration console will close when you click OK. To restart the console, click the Backup Exec icon or click Start > All Programs > Symantec Backup Exec.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BackupExec.UI.View.GlobalOptionsDialog..ctor(GlobalOptionsDialogViewModel vm)
at BackupExec.UI.View.ViewActionImplementation.ShowGlobalOptionsDialog()
at Symantec.HRO.UI.WPFFramework.WPFCommandBinding.OnExecute(Object item, WPFCommand wpfCommand)
at Symantec.HRO.UI.WPFFramework.WPFCommandBinding.HandleExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TransferEvent(IInputElement newSource, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Any idea how to fix this? Help is appreciated.

Albert

1 REPLY 1

RogRubin
Employee

Have you found a solution to this issue?
Otherwise do you have any message in the event viewer - application / system log at the time you try to open the GUI?