cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!! errors in backups

Lynn_Levien
Level 2
I am getting the following error:
"Backup- D: Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information to alternate data path \\Lynnlevien2004\ADMIN$\Temp\.
Error: 1326
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."

I get this message when my backup is finished and I have made sure the version number is the same on the server and remote agent, they are the same. So what else could be causing this error? Is my backup OK? The backup finished in the same time as a good one but it says it has failed.
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Go to Start | Run | execute C:\ProgramFils\VERITAS\BackupExec\NT\beutility.exe

2. Right click on All Media servers > Add > Add the Backup Exec server there

3. In right pane > select the server and click on change service account under service tasks(on the left pane)

4. Enter the credentials for user account(newly created account) which has Domain Administrator and Local Administrator permissions

5. Recycle Backup Exec services

6. Open Backup Exec console and create new logon account for Backup Exec service account. Mark this account as default logon account

7. Run a small Backup job and verify the result

Alternatively perform the following if the above does not help.

1. Goto Tools-->Options-->Select Intelligent Disaster Recovery(under settings)

2. Change the Disaster Recovery Alternate Data Path

3. Run the backup and verify the results.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.