cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Veritas 10 and 9.1 won't eject a Sony SDX-500c Tape

Not applicable
To whomever can help,

I have a Spectra Logic 2000 tape backup machine that has an AIT-2 tape drive. We can't get it to eject a Sony SDX-500c tape after backups using Veritas Backup Exec 10 and 9.1.

It works fine using 9.0. We have tried it using a pc with fresh installations of 9.1 and 10 on a fresh operating system each time. I have searched the patch information and googled myself to death to no avail.

Worst case scenario is that we'll use version 9.0 but 10 has new features we'd like to use. Can anybody help me with this?

Yours truly,
Rick Knupfer
Software engineer/IT Professional
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using the same device drivers on all versions of BackupExec?

is there any particular reason that you HAVE to have the tape ejected? if there are features of v10 that you want to use, get it and just eject the tapes manually when you swap tapes.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

This may happen due to any alerts pending or if the library door is locked. Ensure that the libary door is unlocked.

- Please refer to the following technote:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

- Cross check whether there are any alerts pending in the alert window which needs to be responded.

- Try stopping the services and ejecting the tape manually.

- If the problem still persists then try restarting the server.

- Try performing a repair database.

- If still the tape does not eject then it may be a hardware issue. Please check for any event id's like 7 , 9, 11, etc in the event viewer.

We hope this will help.

Please update us on the issue so that If the issue still persists we can troubleshoot the issue further.

If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be presumed to be answered and will be marked as assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.