cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with overwrite and append periods

ycni
Not applicable

Hi

I'm using BE 10d (Small business suite) with a single tape loader (PV110T) and 200GB tapes.

I use tapes labeled 'Monday' through 'Thursday', 'Week1' through 'Week4' and 'Month1' through 'Month3'.

So the first friday in the month I use 'Week1', next friday 'Week2' etc, last day of the first month I use 'Month1', next month use 'Month2' etc

I am doing a full backup everyday, with is about 85Gb, and all the tapes are in one media set.

I initially wanted it so that the tapes would be appended until full, then they would be overwritten, but I don't think this is possible.

How can I set the overwrite and append periods so that each tape is used twice and the next time it is used the data will be overwritten. (So the tapes will hold about 170Gb, then be overwritten)
i.e. the first Monday in the month,data is appended to 'Monday', the next monday data is again appended to the 'Monday' tape, the next monday the 'Monday' tape will be overwritten.

Is this possible ? If so can anyone enlighten me how to achieve this.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

For the specific media set(s) , set the OPP (Overwrite Protect Period) to 15 days, and the APP (Append Protection  Period) to 8 days

Then on you job defs specify "Append, Else Overwrite)