cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,   i have backup exec 10.01 rev 5629. i have daily, we...

MohamedSayed
Level 2
Hi,

i have backup exec 10.01 rev 5629. i have daily, weekly and monthly jobs. every time one of the job start i found next day morning Loading Media error message (please insert overwritable media, whiches very strange because every day im loadin scratch media overwritable. then i have to go to the alrts to cancel the loading media error so i found my job status is canceled. then i try to see the written data by doing restore i cant find some of the selection for the jobs

i need help as soon as possible please
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sounds like the job is filling up the tape. 

What kind of drive do you have? What kind of media?

How much data has been backed up when the Alert is displayed?  (from the job monitor)

MohamedSayed
Level 2
Hi,
i have Ultrium 448 Tape Drive  for the media i have 200/400 GB LTO2
actualy i found that 277GB : 283GB been backedup but which time the message appear 
i dont know, as i told you the size is normal for all the daily jobs i have but when i try to look for the data i cant find all of them

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Again, you will probably NEVER see 2:1 compression

277GB on a 200 GB native tape is approx 1.385:1, so you are actually getting pretty good compression

Could be that the tape was right on the edge of filling up before and the backup has grown by 10-15 MB, and is now too large.