cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Utilization NW 6/SAV 9.0

Rafael_Tejada
Level 3
I have 2 Netware 6.0 servers with both the latest service packs 5 on them. Both have the latest build of Backup Exec for Netware 9.1 the latest drivers . Both are running in sequence Norton AntiVirus Corportate 9.0on each server. While monitoring these particular servers , the utitlization will peak 99 to 100 % every 30 seconds to 2 mins, then stays at that peak for 30 seconds or more.

I notice through the Norton Anti Virus Corporate console on the Netware 6.0 servers, that its scanning active files from SYS:BKUPEXEC directories at the time of high utilization. It seems like the BackupExec 9.1 for Netware is doing sometime of routine database check or systems check at this time, im not exactly sure. I've check all settings with in the BackupExec 9.1 console and couldn't find any option for this.

What is the active interval process and how can I disable it? Is there a setting or a command line switch to use on the Netware 6.0 server in conjuction with the usual Bestart command to eliviate this high utilization problem?
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

We are moving you thread to Backup Exec for NetWare forum.

Regards,