cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 351878 or SP4 breaks GRT Exchange Restore in 12.5?

bmeagher
Level 2
Partner
According to document 357546, installing SP4 or HF 351848 for Backup Exec 12.5 causes GRT Exchange restores from Tape to no longer work. The same article documents the same issue for other versions of Backup Exec (11, 12 and 2010) as well. There is a documented fix for 2010, but nothing listed for the other versions. The only workaround is to Duplicate the backup set to disk, and then perform the restore. My question to Symantec: Are you planning on fixing this in 12.5? When might that fix become available?
2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I had the support case open for the same issue and they already have the etrack open for it. They will be fixing it it next release of HF of SP but didn't provide any tme frame. You can subscribe to the article and whenever they have the fix you will receive the mail.

I am not considering it much of a problem because if you restore a individual mailbox then also you have to stage the complete IS on to the local harddisk. So duplicating the IS to disk is not much problem because BE on the backgroup does the same thing.

bmeagher
Level 2
Partner
Thanks for the info. I know that it is already doing the same thing - it is just "one more step" when doing a restore. Annoying...that's all.