cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How You Lost a Customer

Wm_Harmon
Level 3
I will never even consider our product again for two reasons: 1.) After spending 60 minutes on hold on your licensing phone support, I gave up. I know it is a Saturday, but I was never told you were closed, I just gave up. and 2.) Your licensing process is non-functional and stupid. I've tried every number on two different documents to try to get the numbers I need to install your product on my customers server and not a one of them worked, so I wasted my Saturday and caused my customer to waste theirs as well, opening their data center on a otherwise closed Saturday. I purchased an Anti Spam / Anti Spyware / Anti Virus product from one of your competitors and their backup software installed itself with no problems and actually worked better by default than your product did after 4 hours of wasted time. I'll file this under "Lessons Learned" and get on with my life. My only true regret is that this customer is stuck with your product for at least the next 12 months until the support package I foolishly sold them ends, at which time I'll activate the product CA and be done with it.
61 REPLIES 61

CyborgTodd
Level 2
I done what some have suggested to try to rectify the situation I have with not being able to license CPS. I am nearly a year into this and to this day I don't have the proper license key and am still not able to run CPS in a licensed mode.  My backups work CPS doesn't, so I've paid for a product that I can't use.  Stellar.

Anyone want to guess what my feeling toward Symantec and this product might be at this time?

Does anyone have a solution to this issue, I mean a real solution?  Or should I just cut bait on BackupExec and start migrating to Microsoft DPM?  I'm really really surprised that there isn't a posted solution to this nightmare that seamingly been going on for 2 years.  And if you are a Symantec employee, don't tell me to upgrade to 12, if that's the path you suggest, you'll have lost yet another customer.

-Todd

Lively
Level 5
I would try to start a new thread, not one that is 2 years plus old, or call into support to get the issue resolved. 

Posting in this thread really doesn't get you anywhere.  Post a new thread with your issue and/or call support.