cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I turn off AOFO?

Mark_Bulgier
Level 3
We did not purchase AOFO but the person who installed it in Eval mode turned that feature on... Now my jobs are trying to use AOFO and I can't turn it off because those fields are greyed out in the job definitions.
8 REPLIES 8

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to remove AOFO, you can do the following:

- Run Backup Exec installtion from ADD/REMOVE programs, Select Backup Exec and click change, Select local install and remove the selection for AOFO permanently.

or

Open Backup Exec. Go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> ADVANCED OPEN FILE OPTION -> uncheck the option " Use Advanced Open File Option"

We hope this will help.

Mark_Bulgier
Level 3
Sorry, but neither of your suggestions seems to be possible to follow.

"Run Backup Exec installtion from ADD/REMOVE programs, Select Backup Exec and click change, Select local install and remove the selection for AOFO permanently" - when I select local install there is no selection for AOFO.

"Open Backup Exec. Go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> ADVANCED OPEN FILE OPTION -> uncheck the option 'Use Advanced Open File Option' " - when I go there, all options are greyed out, so I can't uncheck anything.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Mark, when you begin the installation process and it asks for serial numbers, are any listed? You say you didn't purchase OFO but I don't believe you can have a serialized version of BE with OFO set as an eval. If you have serial numbers listed, please list what options you have (installed)

If you have serial numbers installed, and none list OFO, then you are not using OFO.

If you have no serial numbers and are running completely in Eval mode, the screen after the serial number screen shows all the options you may select. The fourth one down (if you collapse the Backup Exec for Windows Server node is Advanced Open File Option. Change that to a red x and complete the install process (which will uninstall the option)

What are you backing up which is saying it is using OFO? Exchange 2003?

Mark_Bulgier
Level 3
> Mark, when you begin the installation process and it
> asks for serial numbers, are any listed?

Yes - we are in licensed mode, not eval mode. BE was originally installed in eval mode however

> If you have serial numbers installed, and none list
> OFO, then you are not using OFO.

That's what I would have thought, but here's a quote from the job notification e-mail:
"NOTE: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option."
>
> What are you backing up which is saying it is using
> OFO? Exchange 2003?

The backup that gives the above-quoted error message is a Server 2003 file server (no Exchange)

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Ahh so it was in eval mode first, probably what is going on then is that while it was in eval mode you or the person who installed it for you, created jobs which have AOFO selected and are running on a schedule. After entering serial numbers, those AOFO selections are now invalid, but still remain in the job properties.

If this sounds about right, go to the job setup tab and edit the properties of the scheduled jobs and remove the check for the AOFO option on it's node. If it does not allow you to remove it, you may have to create new jobs.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As mentioend in the previous thread
Your Backup Exec server was in eval mode first, have you, created jobs which have AOFO selected and are running on a schedule?

If this is the case, go to the job setup tab and edit the properties of the scheduled jobs and remove the check for the AOFO option on it's node. If it does not allow you to remove it, you may have to create new jobs.

Thank you for updating if it works.

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply