cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete remote selection when it doesn't appear in text view

Korruptor
Level 2

Hi guys, sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find a solution when searching.

I added a Unix Agent mistakingly to our Windows Backup Exec 10d server.  I uninstalled/re-installed RALUS on the Unix agent and connected it to the correct server shortly afterwards.

Problem is now the server I mistakingly added it to shows the unix server in its backup list.  I can't figure out how to remove it from the list of servers.  I don't have a delete option when I right click it, and when I switch to text view it doesn't show any items relating to that server.

Hope somone can help!

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Korruptor
Level 2

FIXED! 

What I did was:

1) Stop all Backup Exec services on the Backup Exec server.

2) Start all Backup Exec services on the Backup Exec server.  Now the remote agent list is empty.

3) Connect to all the remote agent machines backing up to that server and stop , then start the beremote service on them.

As I would re-start the beremote services, each remote agent server would appear in the Backup Exec server list.

regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

and when I switch to text view it doesn't show any items relating to that server.

Never heard of THAT

You may be down to re-creating your selection list Smiley Mad

Korruptor
Level 2

FIXED! 

What I did was:

1) Stop all Backup Exec services on the Backup Exec server.

2) Start all Backup Exec services on the Backup Exec server.  Now the remote agent list is empty.

3) Connect to all the remote agent machines backing up to that server and stop , then start the beremote service on them.

As I would re-start the beremote services, each remote agent server would appear in the Backup Exec server list.

regards,

Mark