cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Agent for Applications and Databases?

LeeOliver
Level 3
I have upgraded from BE 2010 to 2012.  I have purchased and installed licenses for the Agent for Windows and the Agent for Applications and Databases.

Under license information, both agents appear as licensed: yes, installed: no.

I've tried to do a push installation to install the Agent for Applications and Databases onto my Windows SQL Server, but the only options available for products to install are Symantec Backup Exec and Agent for Windows.  There's no option to install the Agent for Applications and Databases.

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I have to install the Agent for Windows on the SQL server first?  Is the Agent for Applications and Databases wrong for Windows SQL Server - should I just install Agent for Windiows to backup SQL Server?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In the wizard (on the media server)  where you install the license codes/files, the screen after the one where you enter the licenses has a number of check boxes that can be enabled or disabled. Make sure you check off the ones this media server is going to use.

You don't do anything special on the remote servers other than install the agent for windows software

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In the wizard (on the media server)  where you install the license codes/files, the screen after the one where you enter the licenses has a number of check boxes that can be enabled or disabled. Make sure you check off the ones this media server is going to use.

You don't do anything special on the remote servers other than install the agent for windows software

LeeOliver
Level 3

Thank you - I found it.  SQL backup test run is successful, so it looks good.