cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restore just one file from bkf on tape

Giovanni_Mauram
Level 3
How do I restore just one file (not bkf, but .doc,.xls,.zip,....) from a tape-set that hold only the (finals) bkf files ?
BackupExec is installed and work on my file server where are hosted directories and files that I must backup. So, there are 2 processes on BE: first i create a backup set from disk to disk (from .doc,.xls,.zip,... to .bkf) and the second one write the first backup set (.bkf files-set) on tapes.

The question is : when I must restore just one files contained in bkf-set files (tapes), I'm forced to restore the entire bkf-set files and after restore needed file or can I restore needed file directly from tape-set ?

P.S. Excuse for my imperfect english, I'm Italian... so if you don't understand the question, ask me an explanation (and I possibly give it you in a more correct english :) )

Giovanni
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Your English is about 1000% better than my Italian :)

If you have done a standard COPY backup of the BKF files, then you CANNOT restore user data directly from tape, You must restore the BKF files to disk, then inventory/Catalog/Restore from the restored files

If, however, you do a DUPLICATE backup, you create a logical copy of the disk catalog on the target tape, and can restore directly from tape.

Giovanni_Mauram
Level 3
I do a process for DUPLICATE backup (following backup process), but this morning I see that it's failed with this error: a00081cb Could not open script file. So I navigate Discussion Forum and I discovered that this error is documented and could be resolved by run a script sql.... But where is the script ? I cannot fint id !
Do you have never felt to speak about this script ?

If I do a process for DUPLICATE backup, but not following backup process, it run correctly. I cannot use this solution because I will forced to schedule manually one process per day.

Thanx in advance.

Giovanni

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
Please let us know if the answer given by Ken helped you.

Let us know if you have any more Querries.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Seven hours before your response he said that he can run a manual DUPLICATE job, but cannot run one based on policies

Sounds like more questions to me!!

Giovanni_Mauram
Level 3
Yes it is...
If you could help me I will appreciate.

Thanx