cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFO installed but Backup Job says not properly licensed

bcswedeen
Not applicable
I just entered the serial number for my Advanced File Open Option on the Host Server and selected Local Install (wasn't sure if it needed to be pushed out to other servers on LAN) and rebooted. All seems well and I'm letting BE 10 automatically select the OFO to use.

Backup Job completes but with a few errors because they were open files. Here's the selected text of the message I'm getting:

"(Server: "TAYLOR-FP") (Job: "Daily Full Backup") The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

2 files were skipped.
5 files were considered corrupt.
A snapshot operation required by this job was unsuccessful. Check the job log and the Windows Event Viewer for additional information.
NOTE: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server TAYLOR-FP is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option."

By the way, Taylor-FP is the Host Server for BE.

Cannot find anything in the Knowledge Base for this exact message. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Do you want to use AOFO for media server or for remote servers? If you want to use it even for remote server, you need to purchase 1 license per server.

If you are using it roght now just for media server, try reinstalling AOFO and check the results.

Additionally if you have purchased license for remote server also, you can install RA locally on those servers. Refer this document:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258982.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Senor_Fishbiscu
Level 3
I got the same message today about some files that were skipped, and following that a note about AFO and licensing. I've also been battling the "unable to get minimum quiet time" error, but this time it came up on the same server that had the skipped files. Turns out some users had them open exclusively at the time the backup job attempted to run.

The moral of the story is that the suggestion to check the licesnses is bogus. Kind of like "why don't you restart you computer and call us back". Go look at the files that were skipped and see if they could have been in use. If you are backing up multiple servers, try changing the resource order in Job Setup so that it runs at a different time when it is not busy. Good luck.