cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I eliminate this error? (Exchange server backup)

mike_cawley
Not applicable
If I have users that don't log off at night and leave their Exchange accounts open, I get a "failed" backup withthe following error:

Backup- TC02The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine TC02.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Unable to initialize Remote Agent
Backup- \\TC02\Exchange The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine TC02.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Unable to attach to \\TC02\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine TC02.
Unable to attach to \\TC02\Microsoft Exchange Public Folders.
V-79-57344-33899 - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine TC02.
Unable to attach to \\TC02\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group.

If I reboot the exchange server, all is well until another user leaves their account open at night. Or I can reload the remote agent and that will usually work if I can't reboot the server. A few times I have to do both. Windows firewall on this particular server is not running so I have not made an exception for the beremote.exe file. Our file server has no problems with this same condition of users leaving open files during backup, the backup merely skips the open files and finishes successfully.

TIA!
Mike
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Check whether the Remote Agent for Windows Servers service is running with Local System Account?

Are you using AOFO for Exchange backup?

If Advanced Open File Option is selected, please deactivate this option as AOFO option is not meant for database backups.

The corresponding Backup Exec agents are capable of doing online backups.

Please refer to the following document:

What is the intended use of the Open File Option and the Advanced Open File Option?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

Is the Exchange information store backed up properly?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.