cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Select System State from Windows 2003 Client Machines

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hi,

I am trying to select system state on some of the windows 2003 standard editions servers but could not find them when I expand the list for job selections where as I was able to find it for other servers.

Please can you advice how I can enable backup exe to see the system state on windows 2003 servers also.

Kind Regards,
Srini Reddy.
7 REPLIES 7

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please note that it is required to backup shadow copy components in Windows 2003 instead of system state.

Regards,

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Thanks for the information.

But the I could not see system state also in job selections list.
I can see only drives and couple of shares on the Clien machines.
Please advice .

Regards,
Srini Reddy

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Srini,

Can you see the Shadow Copy Components?

If no then please run a repair installation of Backup Exec from Add/Rem Programs and then verify.

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hi,

I can not see shadow copy components also.
I could see only drives c:\ and d:\.

Have tried repairing the backup exec remote agent client as well but no luck.

Please can you kindly advice any thing further please.

Kind Regards,
Srini Reddy

Gregory_Wolf
Level 3
I think this is a matter of miscommunication. In your question, you state that you are trying to backup the system state of the windows 2003 standard editions servers. This is no problem (as someone else stated) you just have to look under the shadow copy selection.

But in the title of this topic, you state that it is the client machine's system state that you are trying to backup. Well, this is a problem because you can't do this. The only way that I have been able to do this is to do a regular backup of the registry at the client machine and then backup this file for later reference.

Hope I'm helpful with my translation of your issue.

Regards,
Greg Wolf

Srini_Reddy
Level 4
Hi Greg,

Thank for the information.

I am able to back up the system state for all other windows 2003 servers except a few.
For those servers, I could not see system state from Backup exec 10 admin console. When I expand the tree for job selections for these servers, I could able to only C:\ and D:\
Even after repairing backup exec remote agent, its the same.
Hope this is clear now.

Please advice if you know any more fix for this issue.

Kind Regards,
Srini Reddy.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Activate Restrict Anonymous support on both the servers.

Please refer the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

Regards,