Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup the BEDB

JackieWong
Level 3

Dearn pkh

how to backup the BEDB and restore the DB after reinstallation

where is the directory of Data and catalog copy I need to make copy?

Many thank.

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

i have branched this off as a separate discussion so that it is less confusing

=================

The Data and Catalogs directories are found under the BE installation directory which is by default C;\program files\symantec\backup exec.

BEDB is found in the Data directory.

After you have installed the new BE, just stopped the BE services, replace both directories and then start the BE services.

JackieWong
Level 3

Is it under  C:\program files\symantec\backup exec all subdirectories that I also need to copy?

Is there any BE service I should terminate before I backup the directory. I am afriad if it cannot to copy or backup the directory when the DB is still being mounted.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

all subdirectories that I also need to copy?

Not required. Data folder will have the configuration details and Catalogs folder will have catalogs.

Keep a backup of both these folders, so that incase of a disaster you can get configuration and catalogs back on a new backup installation. 

Before copying these folders stop all backup exec services.

Regards....

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools ---> Backup services and then click on the Stop button.  This will stop all the necessary BE services.  You also need to start services.msc in a command prompt and stop the BackupExec SQL instance.

After you have copied the Data and Catalogs directories, restart the BackExec SQL instance service and then all the BE services.

You need to copy all the sub-directores under the Data and Catalog directories, but you can ignore the other sub-directories under the BE installation directory.