cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a "Transaction Log Job" related with an existent job in BE 2010

pmalai
Level 3

Hello,

I am using Bacup Exec 2010 on win serv 2008. Every night are running about 8 jobs, diferent contents diferent databases. 
All the jobs are successful but some of them with exceptions: ex: >>>>>

V-79-40960-37914 - Database dpa is configured to maintain transaction logs. Transaction log backups are not being performed.  
This will result in the log growing to fill all available disk space.Regular log backups should be scheduled or the database should be changed to the simple recovery mode.>>>

I have readed diferent Forum Discussion about this issues and I know that is necessary to run a job to backup the logs. 
I have found some instructions for BE 2012 but not for 2010. 
I am not very confident (yet) to create the job, due to this fact I am looking for some step by step instructions about how to do this. 
The full backup job is running in a policy I am wondering if possible to add just a new template (with the log backup) that runs imediatly after the full backup job. 

Thanks for any help or advices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the TN below and see if it helps:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH126063

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the TN below and see if it helps:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH126063

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can just create a job, select the databases with full recovery mode and then specify the backup method in the job as Log Backup.  Do not select databases with simple recovery mode in a log backup job.  Otherwise, you would get a different error message.

You can add the log backup as a template in your policy, but again make sure that the selection list only include databases with full recovery mode.

Another way to avoid the error message is to change the recovery mode to Simple which means that no logs are maintained, but do check with the database owner as some applications requires full recovery mode.