cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable overwriting Backup-to-disk-folder file

rdenio
Not applicable
I have several jobs running that use Backup-to-disk-folders. I don't want these backup files to be overwritten. I can't seem to figure this out. It looks like I have it setup correctly, but its not working. I set up a similar job in Backup Exec 10 and I don't have this problem. Am I missing something?
3 REPLIES 3

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Check if the mediaset to which your B2D belongs has the appropriate "Append period" and "Overwrite protection period" settings.

Regards
A van der Boom

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

As per the reply in the previous post, have you checked the append period and the overwrite protection period for the media set where the Backup to disk folder belongs? In case you do not want to overwrite it, the OPP can be set to Infinite. For more information on the same,you can refer to the following technote:

Title: An explanation of the "Overwrite Protection Period" and the "Append Period"
http://support.veritas.com/docs/237374

Do write back to the forum in case you still have problems. However in case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.