Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dump BE database without BEutility.exe

Al_Capone
Level 4
Hi

I want to do a backup of my database before installing SP2
I need to know if there is a way to script a database dump?
Because there is no switch available to do that with bemcmd.exe and BEutility doesnt provide any scripting interface!!!!

Thanks

Al Capone
6 REPLIES 6

D_L_B_E__Raes
Level 3
Hi Al,

If you install the SQL Tools where the BE utility resides you can use the SQL Enterprise manager and add the Backup Exec SQL server. Now you can do a normal SQL Backup and that's all..

Now you have al the options SQL has to offer. Like database in script form, automatic backups(dumps) at any time you like.

Hope it helps
Gr DimitryMessage was edited by:
D.L.B.E. Raes

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

You may use the following command for performing a dump database operation for Backup Exec database

DO_DB_DUMP - Dumps contents of Backup
Exec database.

Enter 1 if you want to dump the
contents of the Backup Exec database
to the Backup Exec data directory so
that it may be backed up. Otherwise,
enter 0.

For more Informattion on BEMCMD refer to Administrators Guide

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)

"Database Maintenance Default Options"

Page Number - 675

Hope it helps

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Al_Capone
Level 4
Thanks works like a charm...
finally someone from veritas know its own product!!!!

Thanks
Al Capone

Al_Capone
Level 4
OUPS sorry...

the -O300 option can only be use to set backup exec to perform a database backup at a pre-determine start time

But Its not working as do a backup right now

thanks

Al_Capone
Level 4
the -O300 switch is used to set the default options of a backup server and cant be use to schedule a database dump

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if you have searched for any other option available with BEMCMD commands and did it gave you the desired solution ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.