cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude path syntax in backup job?

Inventino
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Backup Exec 2012:

I selected all patition(C:, D:, System State)

Schedule: Full  and Incremental.

What is syntax for exclusion C: drive and system state in backup job menu(I needs to exclude C: drive and System State only Incremental)?

It's difficult to me because it didn't have "Browse" button.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not be using that function to do your exclusion.  This is a global exclusion and it will apply to all jobs.

To exclude your C: drive and the system state, click on the Edit button in your job property and you would see the backup selection tree.  You then uncheck the C: drive and the System State.  You don't have to use the include/exclude like your screenshot.

Inventino
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your solution but it doesn't meet my requirement.

I need backup  all patition(C:, D:, System State) - Full backup, weekly backup

And backup only D: drive - Incremental backup, daily backup

on BE2010, I can select all patition in selection list and can exclude in policy(template of incremental job) --> it's easy to browse which drive or folder need to exclude but 

BE2012, I doesn't have "Browse" button on Incremental job.

What is syntax for exclusion C: drive and system state in backup job menu(I needs to exclude C: drive and System State only Incremental)?

It's difficult to me because it didn't have "Browse" button.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In BE 2012, the selection list for the incremental backup MUST be the same as that for the full backup.  This is why you CANNOT edit the selection for the incremental backup.

In your case you need 2 jobs.  A full + incremental backup job for your D: drive and another full backup job for the rest.