cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move 9.1 to 11d ?

Simone_Mannini
Level 3
I need to migrate a 9.1 server to a new 11d.

I do not want to upgrade, but move all 9.1 db and catalogs into a new 11d server and keep the old one working. (disabling jobs when migration will be completed)

What is the recommended procedure to migrate catalogs and database ?

SimoneMessage was edited by:
Simone Mannini
5 REPLIES 5

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Simone,

Do you want to work with both the version 9.1 Be server as well as version 11d. Are you going to backup the 9.1 server using versiion 11d?

This configuration is not supported.

Please elaborate what exactly are you planning to do.

===============

Simone_Mannini
Level 3
Hi Rucha,
of course I will keep separate backups. I know it is not supported.

I need to add a second be server running 11d, and run backup to some remote servers where I will upgrade the agent.

BE 9.1 server will contiunue to run backup to the REMAINING servers where agent will not be upgraded. (will keep 9.1 RANT)

The problem I have is :

How to safely migrate some jobs definitions, schedules, media configuration from the MSDE runnuing on BE 9.1 to the new MSDE running on 11d media server ?

I already tested moving catalogs and looks like a simple file copy and restart of BE services does the job.

Thanks

Simone

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274778.htm

Regards,

Simone_Mannini
Level 3
Hello,
unfortunately that technote applies to version 10 or above.

In version 9.1 Beutility, there is no Copy Media Server Configuration task, therefore that procedure is not applicable.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Here is what you can do:

1)Install Backup Exec 9.1 on the new server.The patch level should be same as that on the old 9.1 server.

2)Copy the configuration to the new server with the help of:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/260054.

Please read through the "Do not follow this procedure if any of the following are true:" section before proceeding.

3)When the configuration is successfuly copied, upgrade this 9.1 installation to 11d.

Regards
Padmaja