cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to redirect Symantec Backup Exec to CPU(C/D/E drive) before it backup into Ultrium drive tape?

Guru_2
Level 2
Greetings.

Currently we are doing centralize backup for 5 LAN servers directly using Ultrium2 storage and programmed in Symantec Backup Exec v10d CPS.

Current duration for backup is too long, which is about 8hr 13minutes ( for all 5 servers , see below table).
We planned to reduce the backup time .
We would like to redirect the backup to CPU (C/D/E drive) before it backup into Ultrium drive tape ( disk to tape backup ).
Is there any idea how to do configuration based on our needs?

Please feedback.
Thank you.
:(
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Certainly.

Set up the original backups as B2D jobs, either to the same B2D folder or to separate folders.  Set up policies to then  DUPLICATE the data to the tape drive making sure the D2T jobs are defined as "Overwrite, Else Append" and that that OPP for the media set is long enough that should the wrong tape get mounted, it will not be overwritten, and that the D2T jobs all specify the same media set

See the Admin Guide page 365

Guru_2
Level 2
Greetings,Mr Ken.

Thank you for your advice.BuT i dont understand about B2D & D2T  jobs(BD2 &D2T???) and where should i refer this Admin Guide Page 365?I unable to find out this article.So, i ble to redirect these jobs to Cdrive before backup in Ultrium 2 if i follow instruction in Admin Guide?
Please feedback.

Guru_2
Level 2
Greetings,Mr Ken.

Thank you for your advice.BuT i dont understand about B2D & D2T  jobs(BD2 &D2T???) and where should i refer this Admin Guide Page 365?I unable to find out this article.So, i ble to redirect these jobs to Cdrive before backup in Ultrium 2 if i follow instruction in Admin Guide?
Please feedback.