cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

How to remove msde instance for backup exec in SBS 2003

Smiley_Mak
Level 4
I have posted a question whether backup exec need to use sql or msde, since my client's server was dead and everything were started from srache which I wasn't take part in it. However now It turned out I will be the one to reinstall backup exec at the last minute and there are issues which I am not sure how to.

Do an manual check on services which already has a service MSSQL$BackkupExec running (start type - automatic). An other service SQLAgent$BackupExec is on but set to manually start.

Did an environment check from the backupexec installation options which said An older version of SQL server has been detected on this machine. The older verion may not be selected to use with Backup Exec. Instead, choose to install a new SQL Express instance or choose an existing SQL server 2000 (SP3a or later) instance during the installation.
there is a big red cross in front of the list
Instance : SBSMonitoring, Version : 2000 SP4
Instance : Sharepoint, Version :2000 Sp4
Instance : BESmgmt, version 2000 SP 3a
Instance : BESDBASE, version 2000 SP4
Instance : BackExec, version 2000 SP 3a

I assume I could use this instance - BACKEXEC, version 2000 SP 3a. Had checked with my supervisor and now he wanted me to remove this instance and use the sql express that came with backupexec 11d.

My question is how can I remove the backupexec version 2000 sp 3a instance before installing backupexec on sql express. Also after installation, is there any update on sql express or backupexec which I need to apply???

many thanks
0 REPLIES 0