cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore single mailbox (Inbox & Sent Items) using symatec backup 2010R3

karunakar
Level 3

Dear all,

I am using symatec bakcup exec 2010. iam trying to resotre mailbox for one of my user. I have full backup and i can able to see the user mailbox. My question is "If i start restore the emails (inbox & Sent itmes) will it be create any issue at my live environment (Exchange server) . Backup exec is installed in exchange server2010 only. When i started restore its restoring full database (around 35GB). i am doing this first time in live environment. Kindly help me.

Thank you.

Karan

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Karan,

If the backups are taken on tapes then first it will stage the Database to a temporary disk location (C:\TEMP by default) and then restore the selected Mailbox.

It will not cause any issues to other database or the same database. You Exchange should be running fine even during the restore.

Regards,

-Sush...

karunakar
Level 3

Ok. Thanks for your reply.. so i am running the restore job. One more query .. I have moved all new emails to pst file.. user mailbox is empty now..after restoring all old emails will be there in inbox and sent items ..right?

Karan

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the emails were from Inbox then it will go to Inbox... same way if from Sent messages then will go to Sent messages.

It will be restored from the contianer it was backed up.

Regards,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You might be interested in this article

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto