cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if Lotus Domino Agent is installed on Media Server?

Dean_Christense
Level 2
I think I am having a licensing issue with the Lotus Domino Agent. How can I validate that it is installed on my media server (besides looking at the licensing info). Is there a particular set of files that I can check that got installed on my server?
3 REPLIES 3

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

You can check in Backup Exec - Help - About Backup Exec for Windows Servers. There you can find the Information on which licenses have been installed on the Backup Server.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Dean_Christense
Level 2
> You can check in Backup Exec - Help - About Backup
> Exec for Windows Servers. There you can find the
> Information on which licenses have been installed on
> the Backup Server.

That's what I mean by looking at the licensing info I referred to in my earlier post. Is there not another way?!? Perhaps a set of files on my media server that would be the Lotus Domino Agent files?

I have open cases with Symantec trying to find out why I cannot see my Notes databases after I push out the remote agent to my target Domino server. It seems that my media server does not have the Lotus Domino Agent installed locally, hence the question.

Please advise.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Dean,

The Lotus agent does not install any software component or files on the media server. The media server contains only the license information.

The Lotus agent installation involves the installation of the remote agent on the Lotus server and entering the Lotus agent license key on the media server. Ensure that you have done these two as far as installation goes.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.